|Posted by fskayak on February 28, 2017 at 9:45 PM|
2017 Summer Job Announcement for Kayak Leader/Instructor
We are seeking a kayak coach/instructor with a combination of kayak and leadership skills and experience working with both youth and adults to deliver youth and adult club programs and to assist with running events and clinics at the Slave River Paddlefest.
- Proficient kayaker, able to paddle class IV easily, able to instruct on class III
- Paddle Canada Certified instructor prior to start (certification course available on Slave River)
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Show ability to work with youth ages 9-15
- Trustworthy, ability to work independently, has initiative
- First Aid/CPR certification prior to start
- SUP experience/instruction ability
- Swiftwater Rescue certification
- Enjoys and is enthusiastic about playboating
- Maintain and manage all paddling equipment and club assets
- Planning, coordination and delivery of club programs, youth and adult
- Communicate with members and promote the club to the public
- Support organizers with planning and executing the Slave River Paddlefest Working Conditions: Flexible working schedule that is coordinated around the club’s activities
- Daytime and evening work
- Regular weekday activities
- Special events (some on weekends)
We expect 20-30 hours per week. We will pay up to $5000 total for two months of the summer. Lodging provided at a camping hostel. Exact start and end dates are negotiable but should be Late June-Late August.
Send a cover letter and resume with contact information for two references by March 15th, 2017
To: Leif Anderson
Email: [email protected]
Subject: Kayak Instructor Position
The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.
Oops, you forgot something.